Important Documents

You and your family members will need the following valid documents when entering Germany and starting to work at Heinrich Heine University. The documents are needed for visa application and entering Germany, at the university for working contracts or enrollment and at the residence’s and foreigner’s registration offices. It's important to bring original documents and/or legalized translations into English or German.

  • Passport
  • Visa
  • Letter of invitation from the university or scholarship award letter
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
  • Curriculum vitae
  • Certificates of school education
  • Certificates and transcripts of your university degrees (including content of study; focus areas; individual marks obtained during studies)
  • Language certificates (only doctoral researchers); depending on the field of doctoral studies German or English - undefined more
  • Certificates of employment since master's degree
  • Valid health insurance card or German health insurance number
  • Drivers license
  • Biometric passport photos



International Researcher Center (JUNO)

Universitätsstr. 1
Building 16.11, Level 04, Room 30


undefined e-mail

JUNO is an EURAXESS Contact Point

Responsible for the content: Junior Scientist and International Researcher Center