|Target audience||Postdoctoral researchers of all research areas|
|Credits for habilitation||yes|
|Workshop costs||Participation is free for HHU members and members of HHU's Medical Faculty.|
|Registration||Please register using the registration form below.|
Working in academia often requires capturing and evaluating different perspectives. The negotiation processes that take place are found in all areas of research, e.g. in scientific discourse, strategic decisions or the negotiation of contracts. Negotiation requires skills from various fields in order to finally reach a workable compromise that all parties involved can agree to.
This workshop aims to identify and understand possible negotiation situations, to develop one's own personal negotiation strategy and to implement it in exemplary situations.
When do we negotiate?
- Identifying negotiation setups in your individual situation and understanding the different roles involved
What do I want?
- Understanding basics of project management with special emphasis on setting and managing your goals
- Communication fundamentals and their effects during negotiations
How to argue?
- Introducing and trying out different argumentation tactics
What can we get out of it?
- Finding mutual beneficial agreements through understanding and supporting your negotiation partners via the Harvard principle
Ok, we agreed, what now?
- Pursuing and managing the realization of the agreement
My next steps!
- Developing your individual negotiation strategy and pick appropriate tools to identify and achieve your goals
Dr. Peter Schröder holds a PhD in Biology and has a long standing teaching experience. As a postdoc he has been involved in several research projects in academia and industry and lead his own research group. Since 2011 he works as trainer and coach. Homepage: www.brain4hire.de