STIBET Teaching and Research Assistances for international doctoral researchers at HHU

JUNO offers Teaching and Research Assistances, in order to promote the integration of international doctoral researchers into teaching and research at HHU.

Teaching Assistance

  • Involvement of doctoral researchers in teaching at HHU, e.g.

    • support or preparation of courses
    • conducting a tutorial

Research Assistance

  • Integration of doctoral researchers in a research project, which clearly differs from their own PhD project, e.g.

    • preparation of publications
    • data collection and evaluation


  • Doctoral researchers need to hold a university entrance qualification from abroad and need to have a foreign nationality
  • Enrollment as a PhD student at HHU


  • A contract as a research assistant (wiss. Hilfskraft); max. 450€/month (brutto).

    • Teaching assistance: funding is possible for a maximum of 6 month and can be extended for a max. of additional 6 month
    • Research assistance: funding is possible for a maximumof 12 month

  • Doctoral researchers with a employment contract at HHU cannot be funded.
  • Application for funds need to be submitted by the supervisor.
  • The application form can be found here.

Please submit your application via E-Mail to Junior Scientist & International Researcher Center:

E-mail: juno-international(at)

International Researcher Center (JUNO)

Universitätsstr. 1
Building 16.11, Level 00, Room 42


undefined e-mail

Funded by:

Responsible for the content: