HHU StartJUNOResearch AbroadRe-integration of German researchers

Re-integration of German researchers

When you return or if you wish to return to Germany after a longer research stay abroad, important advice is available on the Euraxess information portal which makes it easier for you and your family to come home.

In addition, you will find an overview on the website of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) of funding programmes especially for returnees, information about Germany as a research location and lots of advice which will help you to settle down again. Please click here for the DAAD’s funding opportunities and further information.

NRW Returnees Programme
The Ministry of Innovation, Science and Research of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia regularly awards scholarships for returnees. NRW makes it particularly easy to come back from abroad. Just two years after completing their doctorate, returnees can establish their own research group at a university in NRW of their choice and qualify in this way for a permanent professorship. There are and have been several young research groups set up at HHU by returnees within this initiative. Further information about the programme is available on the MIWF’s website.

Responsible for the content: