Academic Career Development Programme & Science Management Programme
|Time||11 am - 1 pm & 3 pm - 5.00 pm (day 1), 09.00 am - 11 am & 1 pm - 3.00 pm (day 2)|
Science communication is becoming more and more important for our society, facing global and complex challenges such as climate change and the Covid-19 pandemic. Science marketing plays an increasing role in achieving institutional and personal career goals inside and outside academia.
This workshop introduces scientists and science managers to these dynamically evolving fields. Participants gain insights, learn about latest research and practice how to apply key methods to their own work – as project leaders, in teams and individually.
The workshop is designed to empower the participants to:
- understand basic concepts, differences and perspectives of stakeholders in science communication & marketing
- apply these concepts to their projects
- successfully pitch their own science / project / institution and engage a relevant audience with tailored messages
- apply best practices and ethics of communication
- gain inspiration for their individual work and career paths
Gabriele Schönherr is a co-founder of science3, a Berlin-based science communication agency (www.sciencehoch3.de). Following her passion for both research and communication, she worked for many years as a scientist, science communicator and science manager. She is an experienced workshop trainer and moderator. Prior to founding science3, she was Scientific Coordinator and Head of Public Relations at the Leibniz-Institute for Astrophysics Potsdam (AIP). She holds a PhD in astrophysics and degrees in science journalism, communication and marketing. At science3 she focuses on communication strategies, text and journalistic work.