Seminar of HHU's Dept. for Research and Transfer in collaboration with JUNO
|Target audience||Researchers of all research areas except medicine|
The next information session in English is planned for Spring 2023. More information will follow soon.
The successful acquisition of competitive third leg funds is a central performance measure for universities and is also considered to be an important success criterion for a scientific career. By entering the post-doctoral phase, young scientists will be able for the first time to raise their own sums of money and thereby realize their own project ideas. However, the acquisition of third leg funds is always a great challenge even for experienced professors. It is all the more understandable that, as a post-doc, you are faced with many unanswered questions:
- How do I write a successful application for third leg funding?
- Why is third leg funding important and how can I use it strategically to build my career in research?
- What funding programmes can I apply to and how?
- What are the most common mistakes when applying for funding and how can I avoid them?
- How do I write certain parts of my application, for instance the abstract, so it becomes an eye catcher?
These and similar questions will be dealt with in the workshop. The Department of Research and Transfer will introduce the most important national and international funding programmes, present the key elements of each research proposal and provide advice on how to plan the proposal preparation process.
An expert researcher will be present to share his/her experiences in grant application and reviewing with the audience.
There will be ample opportunity for questions and discussion.