|Target audience||Postdoctoral researchers of all research areas|
|Credits for habilitation||yes|
|Workshop costs||Participation is free for HHU members and members of HHU's Medical Faculty.|
|Registration||Please register using the registration form below.|
The platforms LinkedIn and ResearchGate offer exciting opportunities for scientists to become visible as experts for their further professional path. When it comes to their own presentation on the Internet, the following questions arise for scientists. To what extent can I benefit from LinkedIN and ResearchGate as a scientist for my further career path? Which online platform can support me with my topics and my professional goals? This short workshop provides answers to the following questions:
- What do I have to consider in order to be visible to recruiters? How do I get job offers?
- Who and what can I reach via the social media channels?
- What are the first steps for a digital profile on LinkedIn and ResearchGate?
- Which keywords are important to me and how do I develop them in order to be visible as a scientific expert?
- How do the platforms LinkedIn and ReserachGate work?
- How can I use these platforms to increase my reputation and visibility?
This workshop supports postdocs in developing their profile as experts on a specific topic. In using specific keywords participants of the workshop will learn to expand their range. This makes them more visible on the one hand in the scientific community and on the other hand for the job market and recruiters.
Katja Wolter M.A. studied Business Administration at the University of Applied Sciences Stralsund and John‐Moores‐University in Liverpool (England). She was working in Finance for an international Company in Frankfurt am Main, Consultant of the Administrative Director of Rundfunk Berlin Brandenburg (rbb), Director of Finance and Controlling at Deutsche Entertainment AG in Berlin and in a Project Management Organisation in the field of Biotechnology. Since 2013 she is Head of Steinbeis Research Center – Institute of Resource Development, Greifswald. Homepage of Katja Wolter: www.steinbeis-inre.de