|Target audience||Postdocs of all research areas|
|Duration||2 days (2 single days)|
|Credits for habilitation||yes|
|Workshop costs||Participation is free for HHU members and members of HHU's Medical Faculty.|
|Registration||Please register using the registration form below.|
Working in science is mainly carried out as a project based approach, which leads to several new tasks and chances for the people involved. To improve your position as project worker or project leader this workshop addresses the following topics:
- idea to project: realistic planning
- can it be done? Costs, capacities and risks involved
- cui bono? Who benefits from my project?
- carrying out the project effectivly and efficiently
- endulge and utilize creativity
- project controlling: monitor progress and facilitate change management
- project lead and communication: clear responsibilities, pursuing common goals
- leading in a sandwich position
- documentation: record, (re)find and utilize
Individual topics provided by the participants can also be incorparated in scope of the workshop.
This workshop aims to introdice basic project management knowledge by enabeling practical application. This will be done by identifying reallife issues, by suggesting techniques to tackle those issues and by reflecting on your progress. After the first workshop day you will take home tasks which will be evaluated for their practicability on workshop day two in the following week.
In the Follow Up Workshop (one-day workshop), the content of the project management workshop will be further deepened and problems and issues that have arisen since the basic workshop will be followed up and analysed. The 'Follow Up Workshop' is an offer to further analyse the topic of project management in more detail.
Dr. Peter Schröder holds a PhD in Biology and has a long standing teaching experience. As a postdoc he has been involved in several research projects in academia and industry and lead his own research group. Since 2011 he works as trainer and coach.