The two-stage certificate program "Düsseldorfer Weg" offers the opportunity to familiarize oneself with three prominent academic professions and learn about the respective training paths.
Doing a postdoc is part of the qualification for a future independent research career. As a postdoc you develop your own scholarly competence working under the supervsion of HHU faculty members. You build a scientific network and learn additional subject specific methods and technics.
By providing the appropriate research environment HHU wants their postdocs to be able to
- extend their knowledge on methods and techniques as well as gaining additional scientific work routine
- have an annual review that includes input by the postdoc and the mentor with a focus on productivity and feasible career goals
- use support in writing grant applications and developing an own strategic research profile
- get coaching while setting up an own research group and developing own leadership competencies
Moreover, HHU wants to support their postdocs
- in setting up own networks of research colleagues and get connected on campus
- so they can present their work at international conferences and meetings
- with regard to having a good work-life balance. In addition, HHU supports young parents in finding child care.
Career guide for Postdocs
Whether you are looking for an academic career or a non-academic career: In any case, concrete goals and planning are an important basis for a career path that suits you. Our career guide helps you to take a look at your own career development in good time. Your personal career plan developed in this way can then be the starting point for further discussions and conversations with mentors and colleagues.