With this data protection information, the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (hereinafter referred to as HHU) complies with its duty to inform pursuant to Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as GDPR) with regard to the above-mentioned processing of personal data.
Supplementary information can be found in the HHU data protection declaration (https://www.hhu.de/datenschutzerklaerung).
With regard to the terms "personal data", "processing", "controller", "third party" etc. used, reference is made to the definitions in Article 4 of the GDPR.
1. Contact details
The responsible party for the processing and use of personal data is HHU, a legal public corporation supported by the state of NRW. It is represented by the Rector Prof. Dr. Anja Steinbeck.
1.1 Contact details of the person responsible
Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
1.2 Contact person for data processing at the JUNO Welcome Center
Dr. Sigrun Wegener-Feldbrügge
Junior Scientist and International Researcher Center (JUNO)
Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Universitätsstr. 1, Building 16.11.00 Room 44
D - 40225 Düsseldorf
Phone: +49 (0)211-81-13405
1.3 Contact details of the data protection officer
The data protection officer of HHU can be contacted by post at the above address of the data controller or as follows:
Phone: +49 (0)211-81-13060
2. Information on the personal data processed when registering for the JUNO tutor service and on the purposes of the processing.
In the context of the support provided by the JUNO tutor service, your personal data will be processed for various purposes.
You can register for the tutor service via our websites. When you register for tutoring, we collect your personal data for the purpose of assisting you with administrative matters related to your stay at HHU.
When you register, your title, first name, last name, gender, nationality, date of birth, email address, postal address, institute / department, faculty affiliation, time and funding of your stay at HHU, number of accompanying family members, as well as IP address and time of registration are stored electronically.
We collect this data in order to provide you with all the information required for your stay at HHU and to assist you in communicating with the authorities (visa matters, health insurance, etc). If data is to be transferred to the authorities, we will inform you separately.
3. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
The collection of personal data for the purposes stated under point 2 is based on the explicit or implied consent of the data subjects pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a. DS-GVO.
When registering for the tutor service on our websites, by activating the "I agree" button you expressly express your consent to the support provided by the tutor service and the associated processing of your data. The extent of the support is at your discretion.
4. Transmission of personal data
External forwarding of your data to e.g. the Studierendenwerk (housing search) or authorities (e.g. Immigration Office, Residents' Registration Office) only takes place, if you ask us to contact them on your behalf. We use an internal HHU server for data administration purposes.
5. Duration of processing/data deletion
We store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes according to point 2. They will be deleted when you inform us that you have left HHU or after 5 years at the latest. They will be deleted before that if you withdraw your consent.
6. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you can assert the rights granted to you by the GDPR at any time:
- the right to information as to whether and which of your data is being processed (Art. 15 GDPR). The restrictions according to § 12 DSG NRW apply;
- the right to request that the data concerning you be corrected or completed (Art. 16 GDPR);
- the right to have the data concerning you deleted in accordance with Art. GDPR. The restrictions according to § 10 DSG NRW apply;
- the right to demand restriction of the processing of the data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR;
- the right to object to future processing of data concerning you in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- the right to revoke consent given at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation (Art. 7 (3) GDPR).
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR). The supervisory authority responsible for HHU is the
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of North Rhine-Westphalia
However, we would be grateful if you - before you contact the supervisory authority with your concern - would contact our data protection officer, see section 1.3. We will try to meet your concern.
7. Validity of this data protection notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice to bring it into line with any changes in relevant laws or regulations or to better meet your needs. This Privacy Notice is the most recent version published by HHU.
Status October 2021