|researchers of all research areas
|2 days (16 work units)
|Credits for habilitation
|Participation is free for HHU members and members of HHU's Medical Faculty.
|Please register using the registration form below.
|18.06.+19.06.2024 (2 full days)
10am - 5pm
in person workshop (@HHU)
This seminar focuses on self-marketing strategies and professional performance in scientific settings such as international conferences or meetings with peers and other researchers. It aims at improving your individual performance by successfully communicating and discussing your research, your expertise and professional achievements in different scientific contexts. This workshop supports strategies mostly in person, at meeting and conferences.
• Self-presentation & Career landscape: Assessment of personal development, strategies & career milestones.
• Framing research: Why should others be interested in me and my research?
• Elevator pitch to introduce professional work
• Increasing visibility as a scientist, at conferences and other in-person settings
• Body language and self-confident appearance
• Voice technique and rhetorical considerations
• Practicing a convincing performance in (un-)structured settings (conference and online)
• Individual feedback, individual tool development based on the individual authentic style
This workshop is particularly helpful for researchers who would like to explore their skills in a confidence-building environment, in which solutions are found for each individual style and character.
Kathrin Keune is a consultant, coach and expressive arts therapist. She is passionate about working with people to transform stagnation and constriction into movement. Her artistic background provides the central framework for finding new and surprising solutions. Kathrin Keune has successfully been offering career development trainings at universities/institutions such as SBP La Jolla, Max-Planck, Helmholtz, RUB, RWTH Aachen, University Duisburg-Essen etc. since 2009. She gained insight into the sciences through a lab management position at SBP La Jolla (2005-2011).